The mid-term evaluation shall cover the ACP-EU Programme “Towards a Sustainable Cultural Industry” (ACP-EU Culture) funded under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF), which started in January 2019.
The program aims at:
- Promoting the quality of productions and their distribution on national and international markets.
- Encouraging entrepreneurship, cultural innovation and youth participation.
- Creating decent jobs and increasing the income of artists and cultural professionals.
The expected results are:
- An improved production of cultural goods and services, both qualitatively and quantitatively,
- An improved access to national, regional and international markets for cultural goods and services and an enhanced image/visual education for young audiences.
Better access to financing mechanisms and innovative technological approaches for companies and are functional.
The main objectives of the mid-term evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union, the interested stakeholders with:
- an overall independent assessment of the performance of the ACP-EU culture programme, paying particular attention to its different levels of results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results,
- key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future interventions.