Main objective of ICONs services is to enhance African Legal Support Facility (ALSF)’s efficiency, effectiveness and financial sustainability. It is particularly important to adjust the Facility’s financial management and reporting to promote donor harmonisation, to implement cost sharing frameworks with African partner countries, and to respect the Facility’s high standard environmental and social policies and other cross-cutting issues, as well as to further enhance the M&E framework with regard to developmental impact of ALSF´s work.
To reach these objectives, the ALSF received funds from the Federal Republic of Germany via KfW and ICON was commissioned to consolidate the results achieved in the previous project phase at ALSF.
The ICON consulting services focuses on the following main topics:
1. Further development and operationalisation of the Management Information System (MIS)
2. Preparation and launching of the Panel B
3. Further M&E Support (including M&E retreat) and additional M&E Testing Mission
4. Setting-up of a benefits system for ALSF new category of staff and for establishing a Benefits’ System for all staff
5. Coordination and Reporting
The support services focus specifically on
- finalisation and complete operationalisation of the MIS;
- procurement of Panel B;
- finalisation and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation System; and
- Development of the Staff Benefits’ System of the ALSF.