The programme UNI.AO supports the higher education system in producing knowledge and innovation, and teaching relevant skills to foster greater employment, transformation, and diversification in the Angolan economy.
UNI.AO’s overall objective is to increase the economic diversification and the creation of employment in priority sectors.
Its specific objectives are:
(1) Enhance the alignment of higher education governance and policy instruments towards postgraduate research specialisation in priority sectors;
(2) Increase specialisation and recognition of postgraduate institutions;
(3) Increase the equitable access to post graduation and career development to vulnerable groups.
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union and the interested stakeholders with:
- an overall independent assessment of the performance of the Higher Education Support Programme UNI.AO, paying particular attention to its different levels of results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future interventions.
In particular, this evaluation will serve:
to understand the performance of the intervention, its strengths and its eventual downsides in order to:
a) been able to prioritize actions and strategies/approaches that will help to maximize its potential to achieve the expected results during the remaining implementation time;
b) inform the planning of the future EU interventions in the same sector;
to ascertain to what extent the implementation has adapted itself to the institutional and national context and idiosyncrasies in order to bring about good results and positive change to the benefit of all stakeholders and final beneficiaries.